J-BusinessDirectory - version 4.9.4 stable has been released
Our efforts are always oriented towards our customers, to help them in achieving their goals. Within this scope, we have tailored the new J-BusinessDirectory version 4.9.4.
We've dedicated our time to gather our customer specifications and identify the key features that need to be implemented/improved. As a result of your feedback, we have developed J-BusinessDirectory v.4.9.4, an advanced directory extension, with new features and improvements to provide the best experience.
There have been multiple improvements added but we want to share with you some of the most important changes.
Many of the businesses provide multiple services or products. For that, we have created the possibility of adding services and products in an organized way, a price list.
For each item, you can enter a section, title, description, price and an image.
The price list can be shown in a list view or on a grid view, based on the directory general settings.
Membership/Package mechanism improvements
Packages mechanism has been enhanced to provide a better user experience. The package situation is shown now in the list view, both in front-end and back-end.
The existing situation is shown for each business listing. There are 3 cases that will be shown on the package situation:
1. Active package - show the situation of the active package
2. Active package + extended period package - show the currently active package plus the extended packages.
3. Expired package - show the expired package, if there is no new paid package available.
Back-end package situation
Front-end package situation
Improved front-end Control Panel
The front-end Control Panel has been refactored and some elements have been rearranged.
All the front-end Control Panel views have been improved to provide a better mobile experience.
Directory SEO mechanism improvements
Starting with Joomla 3.7! a new more flexible routing system has been introduced. We have adapted also the directory router to use the new routing mechanism and a new setting is now available on the SEO tab of the directory general settings.
You can choose to use the new Joomla routing mechanism or the directory SEO mechanism.
How to update?
You can update automatically using the update section of directory extension or manually. If you choose the second alternative you can download the latest version by login on your CMSJunkie account and go to My Downloadable Products section.
Since this is still a beta version some bugs may have dodged our QA team but they will definitely won't get past you.
We have created a dedicated section for reporting the bugs
The complete list of new features and improvements
Below, you can find the full list of new features and improvements that have been developed on the 4.9.4 version.
- Price list
- Insert module positions on search results
- Improve directory router
- Package mechanism improvements
- Add extend period button on listing view
- Improved front-end Control Panel
- Automate the image upload process
- Improve import/export for offers and events
- Offers/event set map coordinates automatically
- Directory SEO mechanism improvements
- Search summary improvements
- Review improvements
- Improve the search filter for mobile devices
- Show only recurring payment methods for recurring package orders
- Order types by back-end order
- Add an alert message on business messages deletion
- Attachments filename issue
- Print offers
- Admin only Business Types
- XSS vulnerability & SQL injection
- SQL injection on min/max price for offers
- PayFast plugin
- Image upload limitation
- Allow breaks in review description
- Zip code search
- Add review
- Text area custom attribute field
- Button Contact Form and Add Review not responsive on mobile portrait position
- Image gallery height is not responsive
- Share button and add review issue
You can download it from our store: