J-BusinessDirectory - version 5.0.1 RC has been released
2 weeks have passed since the release of J-BusinessDirectory 5.0.0, and today, we are thrilled to present you with the release candidate of J-BusinessDirectory v5.0.1. In this version, we have improved all the features that were added to v5.0.0 and fix most of the bugs.
Let's take a tour and see the new features and improvements that have been implemented.
New Moderation Mechanism
Moderating business listings, offers and events can be very time consuming for the site administrator and we decided to introduce new functionality, Item Moderation, that will highly reduce the amount of work needed.
Now the site administrator has the possibility to enable/disable item moderation, can show pending approval items until they are moderated, or they can enable automated moderation.
If automated moderation is enabled, once the business owner has a number of items approved (for each item type: business listings, offers and events) that is equal with the Moderate Threshold, all the following items that will be created are automatically approved.
In order to improve the business marketing and exposure to the end users, we have added business projects.
Each business owner will be able to load his business projects in order to give an idea to the end users about their work.
For each project, the business owners can add a description and a photo gallery.
New Grid View for Events List view
With 5.0.1 version we have added another option to the events grid view. Until now it was possible to show only the calendar but we have added an extra option to show also the items in a grid view. The way the grid view is being shown can be set on directory general settings -> events tab.
The complete list of new features and improvements
Bellow, you can find the full list of new features and improvements that have been developed in the 5.0.0 version.
- New moderation mechanism
- Add a thank you page after all payments
- Add Enable link location mechanism for offers and events search modules
- Add a new grid view for events list page
- Add summary of service booking for JBD appointments
- Add summary of tickets booked
- Add order details summary for business listing
- Add offer order purchase summary details
- New business project feature
- Overall design improvements
- Update user manual and online documentation
- Review & improve the main processes
- Apply the default currency to company services
- Replace multi-select box with a new library
- Add currency conversion mechanism for offer selling application
- Do not allow a user to create 2 reviews for the same user
- Add time zone for offers and events
- Add offer attribute configuration on general settings for the price text field
- Add listing attribute configuration on general settings for related businesses field
- Make all headers <h1> for all item details pages
- Add the email validation for all emails fields.
- Remove upload all button for image upload since it is not needed
- Add an option to show/hide list/grid options on search results pages
- Replace special characters with _ for images and file upload
- Multiple design issue fixes
- Services payment issues
- Countries logo is removed on save
Thank You So Much!
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped us throughout our entire journey, from the beginning until now. It couldn't have been possible to move forward without your valued feedback, so we can't thank you enough!
How to update?
At the moment you can only update manually. Download the latest version by log in to your CMSJunkie account and selecting the My Downloadable Products menu item on the left.
Since this is still a beta version, some bugs may have eluded our QA team but they will definitely not get past you.
We have created a dedicated section for reporting bugs
From our Joomla extensions category: Joomla Business Directory