Welcome to J-BusinessDirectory Documentation¶
Reading through all the documentation is highly recommended.
This is a manual how to install and use the best way the J-BusinessDirectory 4.5.4 .
The current installation includes a component, several helping modules and a plugin. All are installed when installing the J-BusinessDirectory, so you don’t need to worry on installing them separately. After running the installation you will be able to access the component from the component menu in the backend, and the installed modules from the modules menu. To begin installation of the J-BusinessDirectory component log in into your Joomla backend and follow the steps described below:
- In the main menu go to Extensions ->Extensions Manager
- Click the Browse button to locate your downloaded copy of the J-BusinessDirectory (J-BusinessDirectory.zip).
- After selecting the component click the Upload File& Install button
- You will receive a confirmation message upon installation completion
After component has been installed successfully you need to activate the urltranslation plugin. The plugin is responsible for URL redirects and is in charge with SEO. In the main menu go to Extensions -> Plug-in Manager – search for the plg_system_urltranslator plugin and activate it.
- Installation & Update
- Populating the business directory
- Business directory administration
- J-BusinessDirectory menu items
- Front-end control panel
- Front end modules and customization
- JBusinessDirectory Search module
- JBusinessOffer Search module
- JBusinessEvent Search module
- JBusinessCategory Module
- JBusinessCategoriesOffers module
- JBusinessCategoriesEvents module
- JBusinessOffer module
- JQuery login module
- JBusinessDirectory - Latest Businesses
- JBusinessDirectory - Progress
- JBusinessDirectory - Icons
- JBusinessDirectory UrlTranslator plugin
- Language management
- Business directory use cases
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- I cannot save anything in J-BusinessDirectory extension (blank screen).
- I can’t update to latest version.
- Why business listings are not filtered by zip code?
- What is the difference between radius(distance) search & business activity radius
- Business listing details are not shown (blank page is displayed).All the links of the created business listing go back to homepage.
- I receive a 404 error when loading a business listing.
- I cannot upload images or attachments on directory items.
- Images, map, offers or events are not shown on business listings.
- How to automatically approve business listings?
- How can I change the language in directory extension?
- How can I activate CAPTCHA
- How can I change the email templates?
- Why all business listings are marked as featured?
- Can directory be set up as part of the Joomla! menu structure?
- Where can I see the change log of J-BusinessDirectory versions?
- How to renew a listing after it has expired?
- How can I add an order manually?
- Document expire error?
- Why business listings are not displayed on front-end?
- Why offers or events (item) are not displayed on front-end?
- Opening hours are not saving?
- Google map is not working or location has disappeared?