J-BusinessDirectory - Error 1054 :  Unknown column 'undefined' in 'where clause'

Support Forum

Hi all,

I wondered if any other websites running JBD has this error?

If other users could troubleshoot, it would be a huge help. Since I've tried on mutilple fresh Joomla installs, different themes, 2 different servers, but still this issue occurs every time. 

Steps:

1. General Settings >  Business Listings > Search > switch Search Filter Position to [Horizontal]
  2. From Mobile phone (or reduce size of browser to mobile size)
  3. Navigate to listings (refresh browser to engage responsive/mobile view) 
  4. Select an option in filter TYPE (always seems to be "Type" filter, but sometimes other filters cause this error too)

I get a page with this error:

Error : 1054 Unknown column 'undefined' in 'where clause'

Like I say, I've tried new installs on seperate servers, but it always give this error. 

Support have said "We have spent a lot of time but we could not figure out the solution." So I thought I would try the wider community. Does this happen to any other JBD users?

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks

CB

12 replies

hmm dont know I use vertical filter search module..have you tried if its related to horizontal and vertical filter search module?

I am also confirming no issues with "verticle" search filters.

I have not tried horizontal.

What is your:

- Template

- JBD version

- Joomla veriosn

Also, if you are using Helix, defineltly try to reproduce the error on another template.

Just today, two other bugs on my website were confirmed to be Helix related.

Thanks for the replies. 

Yes, we are using vertical search filters as a temporary work-around. Vertical is fine, but the experience on mobile is not great. So would prefer horizontal. 

A fresh install here:

Business Listings | Yukine (webstarterz.com)

Joomla 3.10.6

JBD 5.6.10 (also confirmed with previous version)

Protostar (also occurs with other templates - even JBD templates)

No other extensions have been installed (not even Helix). 

If you confirmed on Prostar, it must be a JBD bug.

You will need to open a ticket to have CMS evaluate.

For me, support is absolutely great.

However, currently, they seem to be a bit behind as I am waiting for a few replies.

I just tested again on my setup and found no issues when using the filter on horizontal.

I am using:

- Joomla 4.1.0

- JBD: v5.7.0

- T4 Template

Hi Joe, 

Thanks for the replies, and for checking.

Is that on a mobile? Or re-sized browser to mobile size?

Could it be that Joomla 4 fixes this....

Edit:

- Horizontal on a mobile phone works

- Verticle on a mobile phone works

Thanks for confirming.

There must be another setting/element affecting this. I wish I could figure it out. 

For me, and all our users, Horizontal on a mobile phone always throws an error.

Thank you for your willingness to share information with us. We will always appreciate all that you have done here because I know you care a lot about us.

fireboy and watergirl

I did find a bug thought but not the same one.

If you change from "Verticle" to "Horizontal", the entire sidebar disappears along with the following items:

1. Quote Request Module

2. Joomla Banners.

It appears that without the Search Filters the sidebar collapses. 

It seems that these filters are definitely a bit buggy. 

I wonder if any 3rd party filter extensions could work with JBD?

"It seems that these filters are definitely a bit buggy."

I put in a bug report on Friday; so, hopefully, CMS looks at it when they get back from their weekend.

Agree, there are several issues associated with the search filters and modules, they include:

1. Search Filter: Enabling the search filter in the horizontal position causes an error as indicated above.

2. Search Module: Although the categories and sub-categories are set to separate, they are combined on the front end.

In my opinion, all search filters on directories are top priorities as users won't use a website that is not user-friendly.

13 Item(s)

Show per page