J-BusinessDirectory v5.7.0 BETA released
The longs awaited J-BusinessDirectory version 5.7.0 Beta, is now live on a special palindrome date. We have improved the functionality and the user experience for the payment plans and also added a new JBD Trips app for providing trip bookings.
But we will not stop here, we are now working on making JBD faster than ever! Stay tuned for more.
Let's take a tour to showcase some of the major features that have been added or improved.
Payment plans improvements
Having access all the time to the status of the own listings and payments is important. For this purpose, we have added payment plan status together with the payment status on the business listing section, in the front-end control panel.
Upgrade/Downgrade it is possible at all time. You can check the whole functionality in the user manual.
JBD Trips app
A new app was added to offer the possibility to book and sell trips. The trips are a separate section that can be accessed from backend and also from front-end.
New admin dashboard notifications
For high traffic websites, we have noticed a decrease of performance due to high number of items accumulated in the statistics and search log table.
These tables are just a buffer table for the statistics and search logs archive and should not have a high number of records that will make the adding more records time-consuming.
When the number of items exceeds 10.000 records on the buffer tables new warning are being shown in the admin dashboard so you can take the needed actions.
The complete list of new features and improvements
Below, you can find the full list of new features and improvements that have been developed in the 5.7.0 version.
- Infinite scrolling for business listings
- New JBD Trips app
- Possibility to export/delete statistics
- Possibility to export/delete search logs
- Date period added to payment plans on front-end
- Added more details related to payments plans on the business owner control panel
- Recurring packages improvements
- Quote requests improvements
- Redirect to listing view when there is only one result item retrieved
- Custom fields to the search filter
- Search filter improvements
- Modified all prices to 12 digits.
- User registration - new validation for the user module and the main registration view to prevent user registration errors
- Listings module - added custom attributes for style 2.
- Removed old update SQLs to prevent Joomla4 warning about database
- Remove statistics from listings reports for a better performance
- New warnings on dashboard when the number of items on the statistics and search logs tables exceed 10.000.
- Missing images
- Fixed translation issues
- Gallery fixes on the the listing details page - images were mixed between the galleries
How to update?
At the moment you can only update manually. Download the latest version by log in to your CMSJunkie account and selecting the My Downloadable Products menu item on the left.
Since this is still a beta version, some bugs may have eluded our QA team but they will definitely not get past you.
We have created a dedicated section for reporting bugs
From our Joomla extensions category: Joomla Business Directory