J-BusinessDirectory - Error saving settings / 404 error

Support Forum

When trying to save settings I get the message that one ore more fields are not finished or the entered value ist not corresponding. (translated freely from German error message). So I can't set the SEO option to NO. I tried to do this because I can't access categories and listings in the frontend, always getting a 404 error.

In the backend when clicking on "settings -> database" I get the error message: Table '#_jbusinessdirectory_applicationsettings' doesn't exist
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' AND `null` = 'NO'' at line 1

The table is actually called #_jbusinessdirectory_application_settings. When changing the name to '#_jbusinessdirectory_applicationsettings' I get error message in the backend that '#_jbusinessdirectory_application_settings' ist not available.

I installed the component again, but still getting these errors.

I'm using Joomla 4.0.4.

9 replies

I changed the value for SEO in the database table. Now the error 404 is gone and the directory is working as expected.

But still need help with saving settings in the backend.

Stephan Romer,

I have the same database error message.

How did you fix it?

Also, I had a similar, if not the same issue.

Make sure you fill in your business details or it will not save:

- General Settings > Business Details

I think for me it wanted the email field filled in.

Filling out the required email field helped to save all settings. Thank you!

I haven't fixed the error with the database.

I still can't use SEO. URL translator plugin is active, but all pages are producing 404 errors. With Joomla URLs I can use the directory, but that's not why I chose to buy this extension.

I currently have a ticket open about the following database error:

- jbusinessdirectory_applicationsettings

My understanding is the database error might be related to a Joomla 4 bug?

I plan on opening a ticket with the Joomla team to report the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in the SEO URL translator plugin, How did you figure out what to add to the following fields in the plugin?

The id of the menu item associated with listing details page
The id of the menu item associated with listings list view
The id of the menu item associated with offer details page
The id of the menu item associated with offer list view
The id of the menu item associated with event details page
The id of the menu item associated with event list view

I don't know how to use this properly. Support filled out some fields on my website but I still don't know how this works.

Did you get a response from support? I'm still waiting for the issue to be fixed.

I have an open ticket regarding the URL Translator plugin.

My ticket basically says, what do I put in each of the above fields, in my previous post here.

However, the last response was not clear. 

As I understand, it is important to set this up from the start as "the business listing names" will "be part of the URL Link.

Therefore, if you set this up later, your Google indexed links will be LOST.

The Instruction for the plugin indicates the following: "This plugin is used to enable the business listing name to be part of the URL Link. This was created for SEO purposes. For the directory to work you need to enable this plugin. Instructions on how to do this are available in the installation section."

- URL Link: J-BusinessDirectory Extensions — J-BusinessDirectory 5.6 documentation (cmsjunkie.com)

Please note, although the above quote indicates: "Instructions on how to do this are available in the installation section." there are NO instructions in the "installation section'. 

Hi,

The 404 issue will be fixed in the 5.6.7 release that will be out at the end of the week.
The URL translator fields, are the menu items ids that you want the page to be associated with.

The "settings -> database" I get the error message: Table '#_jbusinessdirectory_applicationsettings' doesn't exist it caused by the presence of the table in the update sqls but not in the install.sql, since the table is no longer used.

Perhaps the next update could remove the now unrequired table "_jbusinessdirectory_applicationsettings" ??

10 Item(s)

Show per page