JHotelReservation Forum - Date Format 'm-d-y' causing 500 Internal server error

Support Forum

Under Application Settings > Date Format

Choosing 'm-d-y' causes a 500 Internal Server Error.

The PHP error_log says:

DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (03-15-2014) at position 0 (0): Unexpected character

The options 'y-m-d' and 'd-m-y' both work fine, but not 'm-d-y'.

Here's the relevant part of the stack trace:

1. /public_html/modules/mod_jhotelreservation/mod_jhotelreservation.php > line 188
  2. /public_html/modules/mod_jhotelreservation/tmpl/default-vertical.php > line 105
  3. /public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php > line 1021
  4. /public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php > line 140
  5. /public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php > line 238
  6. /public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php > line 776
  7. /public_html/libraries/joomla/factory.php > line 528
  8. /public_html/libraries/joomla/date/date.php > line 108

Here's my setup:
  • Joomla v3.2.3
  • Component: JHotelReservation v5.2.0
  • Module: JHotelReservation v4.0.0 
Also, I see on your news page that Hotel Reservation v5.3.1 has been released. I just can't figure out how to download the update. I tried searching the site, the forums and logging into my account and re-downloading the extension under My Downloadable Products.

Thanks for your help!
8 replies

Hi, 

We've sent you an update via email. Let us know if this fixes your issue. 

As of version 5.3.0 we support automatic updates so you can update directly on your Joomla website. Versions lower than that have to be updated manually. 

Hello,

I just tried installing J-hotel yesterday and I have noticed the same issue.

The options 'y-m-d' and 'd-m-y' both work fine, but not 'm-d-y'.

I am using:

Joomla! 2.5.19

jhotelreservation_starter_v5.3.1_j2.5

Hi,

We did more research about the date format issue,m-d-Y, and it seems that there's a PHP function(DateTime) that doesn't support that format. This function, DateTime, is at the base of the Joomla calendar, that's why the error.

We'll look further into this issue to adapt the m-d-Y format and let you know when this is available. 

We are having the same problem and would love to know how to fix it! Thank you!

Hi VickieBMW, 

It seems that there's a PHP function(DateTime) that doesn't support that format. This function, DateTime, is at the base of the Joomla calendar, that's why the error.

We'll look further into this issue to adapt the m-d-Y format and let you know when this is available. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I have the same problem with 5.3.1 Professional.

Please inform me when it will be solve - the clients are complain. 

Hi Sergei, 

We'll release a fix for this limitation as of our next version(3-4 weeks). We'll notify everybody of the change. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Hey guys, 

We've release a fix to this issue. The date format m/d/yyyy has been added to the reservation software. 

9 Item(s)

Show per page